FREE GREEN LODGING TRAINING
“Lodgers Let’s Go Green Training”
Tuesday 12/17/2013 8am - 12pm
Wyndham Philadelphia-Mount Laurel,
1111 Route 73 North, Mount Laurel, NJ 08054
The Benefits of Lodging Facilities Going Green, consumer studies:
In 2010- Travelocity and Global Business Travel Association (GBTA):
- 65% of Travelocity customers said green ratings influence their selection when prices are the same.
- 30% of GBTA corporate managers said they include green in their RFP requests and 51% of the planners hold meeting in sustainable venues.
In 2012- Trip Advisor:
71% of tripadvisor customers said “plan to make more eco-friendly choices” and 50% surveyed would spend more money to stay at an eco-friendly accommodation.
In 2013- AAA:
- 44% said environmentally friendly programs is one of the top considerations when choosing a hotel- beating rewards program at 35% and pet friendly at 29%.
- 48% of women, 18-34 years old, said they seek environmentally friendly programs when selecting a hotel.
This 4 hour course is an introductory training in understanding sustainability for facility managers, supervisors and front line staff. Participants will learn how to take advantage of the cost saving opportunities associated with becoming a greener and more sustainable business. This training also supplies organizations with the resources and understanding of “green” that is needed to complete Trip Advisor's (TA) GreenLeaders Survey. The training provides TA’s GreenLeaders certification training requirement and is certified by USGBCI for 4 LEED credit hours.
Topics that are included in the training are green purchasing, energy and water maintenance and best practices, green meeting standards, source reduction, quantifying and tracking resource usage, developing green policy, meeting customer expectations, materials management - recycling and waste, reporting and more.
Participants will leave the training with a certificate in Go Green Team Training, relevant handouts, information on local and federal energy incentives and a road map of how and where to start.
Accreditations and Certifications:
- All training participants will receive a certificate in the Lodger’s Go Green Team Training, valid for 1 year
- 4 LEED credit units from USGBCI
- The training fulfills the annual training requirement for Trip Advisor’s Green Leaders Program.