USGBC NJ Presents
GPRO: Fundamentals + Construction Management
DATES & TIMES:
Friday, March 4, 2016
& Saturday, March 5, 2016
9:00 AM – 4:00 PM - BOTH DAYS
(Exam is given on the 2nd day)
LOCATION: Wu & Associates, Inc.
100 Gaither Drive, Suite C, Mount Laurel, NJ 08054
$450 per person
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC & QUALIFYING GRANTEES: Employees of NJ businesses may qualify to take this course fully-funded. Interested companies should contact Florence Block, USGBC NJ Executive Director at (973) 290-0013 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
DESCRIPTION: The construction industry is moving quickly towards greener, high-performing buildings, creating increased demand across the country for sustainable building skills.
GPRO Construction Management (CM) explains the essential role CMs play on a sustainable construction project. Taught by industry experts using real-life classroom exercises, GPRO CM gives experienced building professionals the critical tools to transition from conventional to sustainable construction practices.
GPRO CM is ideal for a range of construction and real estate professionals including:
• Contractors and subcontractors
• Project managers and site superintendents
• Project architects and engineers
• Building owners and facilities managers
This 12-hour certificate course can be scheduled to meet the needs of your organization. Certificate exam is included.
WHAT STUDENTS LEARN
Part 1: Fundamentals of Building Green
• Economic and health benefits of green building
• Causes and impacts of a changing climate
• Transitioning to sustainable construction practices
• Complying with green codes and standards
• Understanding LEED
• Overview of green building strategies
• The importance of commissioning (systems quality assurance)
Part 2: Construction Management
• The CM’s role in the pre-construction phase of a project
• Integrating green building systems into the construction schedule
• Creating and using tools to implement energy efficiency strategies
• Communicating sustainable construction processes to subcontractors and trades
• Construction Activity Pollution Prevention
• Construction Indoor Air Quality
• Construction Waste Management
• Critical actions to ensure success during the submittals, rough-in, and fit-out phases
• The CM’s role in commissioning (Cx) and working effectively with the Cx agent
• Implementing a post-occupancy review and assessment process
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
GPRO Construction Management qualifies for 10 AIA and GBCI CE Credits. See www.gpro.org/faqs for details
OPEN TO QUALIFYING GRANTEES:
Employees of NJ businesses may qualify to take this course fully-funded. Interested companies should contact Florence Block, USGBC NJ Executive Director at (973) 290-0013 or email@example.com.