USGBC NJ Presents
GPRO: Fundamentals of Building Green +
DATE: July 22 + 23, 2015
TIME: Workshop 9 am - 4:30 pm BOTH DAYS
(Registration: 8:45 am)
LOCATION: Traxon Technologies, 20 Murray Hill Parkway,
Suite 110, East Rutherford, NJ
(Do not call Traxon for info)
Approved Grantees*: Free
USGBC NJ Members: $435
OPEN TO QUALIFYING GRANTEES:
*Employees of NJ businesses may qualify to take this course fully-funded. Interested companies should contact Florence Block, USGBC NJ Executive Director at (973) 290-0013 or email@example.com.
INSTRUCTOR: Tom Gardega
Mr Gardega brings a vast amount of experience in instructing and curriculum development, and is a licensed New York State instructor. In that roll Mr. Gardega developed curriculums and delivered the same for: electrical calculations, estimating, control wiring methodologies, math, algebra, energy auditing, green technology, GPRO Fundamentals, GPRO Electric and industry specific designed courses. Mr Gardega is presently writing an estimating text book that includes the energy auditing building information systems, benchmarking, commissioning and green technologies. Mr. Gardega is a certified electrical inspector.
DESCRIPTION: The construction industry is moving quickly towards greener, high-performing buildings, creating increased demand across the country for sustainable building skills.
GPRO Electrical Systems (EL) explains the essential role electricians play on sustainable construction projects. Taught by industry experts using real-life classroom exercises, GPRO Electrical Systems gives experienced electricians the critical tools to transition from conventional to sustainable construction practices.
GPRO EL is ideal for a range of professionals in the electrical industry including subcontractors, installers, and technicians.
This 12-hour certificate course can be scheduled to meet the needs of your organization. Certificate exam is included.
WHAT STUDENTS LEARN
Part 1: Fundamentals of Building Green
• Economic and health benefits of green building
• Causes and impacts of a changing climate
• Transitioning to sustainable construction practices
• Complying with green codes and standards
• Understanding LEED
• Overview of green building strategies
• The importance of commissioning
Part 2: Electrical Systems
• Important sustainability issues for electricians
• Economic opportunities for the electrical industry
• The role of electrical systems within the “whole-building” approach
• The key differences between green and conventional electrical products and work practices
• Improving efficiencies in lighting and HVAC
• New technologies for distributed generation
• Using benchmarking and other tools to maintain building performance
• The electrician’s role in the building commissioning process
• Retrofitting existing buildings with energy-efficient technologies
• Green bidding issues for electricians
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
GPRO Electrical Systems qualifies for 10 AIA and GBCI CE Credits. See www.gpro.org/faqs for details.