USGBC NJ is a leader in green building education.
- Sustainability professionals have grown to depend on USGBC NJ for continuing education, industry networking and keeping up with the updates in the major Green Building Rating systems such as LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) and GPRO (Credentialing for Building Trades working on sustainable projects), the WELL Building Standard, and more.
- From 2014 – 2016, USGBC NJ provided 145 workshops to 3,700 employees of NJ businesses.
- There are presently 5,000 LEED credentialed professionals in NJ; nearly 600 LEED -certified buildings, with more than 1,000 registered–comprising 187m sq. ft!
We are happy to say, Sustainability and Green Building have become pretty mainstream over the past 12 years, and USGBC NJ has been the “go-to” organization in NJ providing professional training, credentialing prep, best practices and legislative support/advocacy over the past 12 years.
Additionally the industry sectors who practice Green Building and Communities has expanded to include the entire supply chain of Real Estate, Construction, Health Care, Education/Schools, Municipalities, Residential, Materials & Resources, Transportation, Waste Management, and so on.
With the wider adoption of green building, the demand for qualified green building professionals has greatly expanded.
- According to a Green Building Economic Impact Study recently conducted by USGBC through Booz Allen Hamilton, NJ’s Green Construction contribution to the GDP 2015 to 2018 will be $20.51 B representing 241,000 jobs ($10.95 B from 2011-14).
- A qualified building team member must be able to identify building features that add value and those that don’t; and which directly contribute to the successful implementation of high performance projects.
- USGBC also conducted a survey across a range of industries that found that 91% of surveyed employers would recommend the LEED credentialing program to peers, and 71% stated they are likely to require a LEED credential requirement in the future.
- Design and construction professionals increasingly need to improve their knowledge base to stay competitive in the market and be a valuable member in the LEED community as well as overall environmental steward.
Join us as we expand our educational offerings and bring you the best in green building-related education.